No babies.
My personal philosophy regarding children was probably formed in direct opposition to the traditional Mormon (and Catholic, and all of those literal go forth and multiply religions). It is thus: stop having kids, stabilize the population, then we won't have to fight over resources to fuel our Suburbans and worry about other people hatin' us for our shit. Haters.
They're just borders, they're just boundaries that we made up. We identify with this or that subgroup and evolution tells us that we are the best and need to flush the gene pool and fill the bowl with our own special strain of homosapien. The problem is when everyone does that. And we have no natural predators save the viruses and each other. So a sensitive soul like myself sees more wisdom in not having more kids than killing someone else's. (Broad generalizations. Granted.) The concept of the human family and the brother/sisterhood of humankind is so foreign to some people. And then I get rankled. I get upset when they buy weapons and talk like they are personally under threat.
The Mormon belief is that there are a finite number of souls waiting in the wings to be born. So when that last one pops out, Armageddon. The end. I always hated that. Hated the thought that we had to live miserably just so we could maybe bring about the end of the world. Scared the shit out of me.
Anyway.
I like science. It's nice. It's easy to understand, and believe. Because it requires proof. And I like that.
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment